Sunday, April 22, 2007

NATIONAL GALLERY, OTTAWA


The main reason for my visit to Ottawa was to see the exhibition of the work by the Australian artist Ron Mueck. The show was great and could have offered an opportunity for some very interesting images but of course taking pictures was not allowed. The building however always impresses me and I can't resist taking pictures even though I have visited the place numerous times. I have learned though that a subject never appears the same, that is why trying to redo a picture is nearly always impossible.The walkway into the museum is very impressive. The play of light and shadows made a great abstract image. I posted this image image because I thought it worked better in black and white than colour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An effective photo Mike. I find the black and white format and the shadows obscure the edges of the walls, banners and ceiling, and gives the image a bit of a closed in, claustrophobic feel. Like something out of the movie 'Brazil'.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious how the building looks outside...Inside looks very nice...