Friday, October 01, 2010

BEACH, WATERFRONT, NORTH BAY

It is a beautiful Fall day so this morning I went for a walk along the beach at the waterfront. I noticed this rust seeping into the lake. It probably comes from an old industrial site or from the railway which runs parallel to the lakefront. Wherever it comes from, it is a mess. Of course the subject is quite colourful so it translates into an visually interesting image. Bob Morton asked me to include some more info on processing.  I made this picture with the Canon G11, ISO speed 80, exposure time 1/200 sec, F-stop f/8 and focal length 6.10 mm. Because I teach Photoshop Elements, I tend to use it quite a bit. Actually I just downloaded the latest version, Elements 9.0, from Adobe . It has some very nice features, which I am trying at the moment.

6 comments:

David Ernest said...

Are you acquainted at all with Nikon's Capture NX2 program, Mike?
You mention your use of Adobe. Was wondering if you had occasion to compare the two.
Thanks for sharing your latest colour shot.

Bob Morton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob Morton said...

Bob Again:
Thanks for the information, Mike.
The oozing stuff is a mess but it does make an interesting photograph.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Mike,
Great composition and contrasting colours. Have a good day. Dave

Dominique said...

Very bad seeping but what a wonderfull image!

A Scattering said...

Stunning! I like how the colours and textures grabbed me.emble