Monday, August 15, 2011

CUMBERLAND HERITAGE VILLAGE MUSEUM

Well, I am back. Last week we spent again some time in Ottawa. This time I did get a chance to take a few pictures. Last Friday I visited the small outdoor museum in Cumberland. It is definitely worth a visit and surprisingly it was not very busy. This allowed me to look at all the buildings. this old house, the Dupuis House, is the oldest structure of the museum. it was built in 1820 and moved from Orleans to its current place in 1984. I loved the quiet scene and the light was just perfect. It rained off and on during the day which made for quite dramatic skies.

3 comments:

Krys and Paul said...

Wonderful colours! We were on l'Ile d'Orleans last year - lovely place!

David c.h. Brown said...

Great shot Mike! It would make a good cover for a mystery novel or some such. Thanks, Dave

Dominique said...

This image has a lot of charm. Bravo!