Wednesday, August 15, 2012

APARTMENT BUILDING, SOUTH RIVER, ON

The weekend was busy with large and small visitors from Ottawa, so I did not get a chance to post some new images. I am still interested working in black and white. Rediscovering black and white photography, which I always loved, is quite exiting and actually brings me back to my early photographic  roots. This picture of an apartment building in the town of South River works better in monochrome. What makes the image is the black line on the road surface.

4 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

Just think, the road with the crack used to be Hwy. 11. Now this is South River's main street.
The town now looks abandoned.
The B & W is appropriate.

Mike de Moree said...

Actually John this building is on Ottawa street. Of course the downtown looks rather dismal but I am surprised about the various business in the town. It definitely has more life tahn poor Trout Creek.

moremiles said...

The black and white rendering has more impact than the colour would. In any case it`s a lovely capture.

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

I know that place! If only the whole downtown could be painted black and white...