Saturday, August 05, 2017

DOOR,TORONTO,ONTARIO

After posting yesterday's picture of the door in Field, Linda commented and asked "What is it about a picture of a door?! I always like them so much". She is right of course. Doors are very intriguing. Doors are used in religion, art and literature. For instance doors are prominent in literature, think Alice in Wonderland, the Narnia books by C.S. Lewis, The lord of the rings and harry Potter just to name a few titles. This door was located in a dark little passage in downtown Toronto. Thinking about Harry Potter I could imagine that if you stepped through this door you might find yourself back in mid nineteen century Toronto. Pity I never found out because it was locked of course and I did not know where to get a key.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I too like doors very much; especially old doors. The history that lies within certainly awakens my sense of curiosity. This door, to me, beckons to be opened to revealed the mystery within. The beauty of "yesterday" always attracts my eye. Thank you for sharing, Mike.

Diane I

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.