Friday, May 18, 2018

SPRING CREEK, TEXTURE

Another detail of our Spring excursion along the small creek. I am not interested in photographing water in slow motion to get this, what I call, the cotton wool effect. It looks nice but I think the effect has been overused. I like detail and texture, so I photograph with a very fast speed, which freezes the motion creating rich detail. The effect in the image is quite reminiscent of the detailed night images of the the milky way at night, but in addition I also have the motion of the water.  An effect I enjoy.

1 comment:

David c.h. Brown said...

Totally agree with your views of photographing water Mike! Really enjoy the rich colours mixed with the monotone in the water...last 2 images are mesmerizing, and it is so refreshing to see images that do not adhere to the rigid "rules" of photographic competitions....ie: leading lines, and Rule of Thirds, etc....thanks for these and hope to make it up North again soon. Dave